Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Few Chapters into... Tim Gunn's Golden Rules

I'm currently reading Tim Gunn's "Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making it Work," and I have to say, I'm having a hard time putting it down. I'm only a few chapters in and already dreading that it will end in no time at all. He talks about people in industry behaving badly and uses real fashion personalities as examples... quite a bit of toe-stepping! Yikes! But his overall theme, is "be nice." "Take the higher road!" He seems both wise and humble and I can't get enough of the sweet but stern uncle tone. I've also read "Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, taste and Style," a book full of nuggets of advice I've been meaning to reread. He's one of my favorite Project Runway constants and although his critiques don't always align with the judges, he's really only trying to help. It seems that he identifies with being a teacher above all else and you can't fault a guy for that. Lots of love for Mister Gunn!

No comments:

Post a Comment