Sunday, March 27, 2011

What I'm Buying for Spring... PART I




As a fashion design student, I have to navigate the tricky waters of frugalism and yet still look like I have my finger on the pulse of the fashion zeitgeist. Thusly, prior to every season, I start obsessively shopping for those few key pieces that will make it seem like I have an endless wardrobe even though I’m really just shopping my closet. For me, this spring is all about light, airy, pretty and comfortable.

PART I is about the wedge. I use to think they looked like big blocks strapped on to feet,  but I’ve really come to appreciate how they can be both very pretty without trying too hard because I’m really not a fan of girl’s wearing sky-high stilettos on campus. It’s just too much effort!

BUT!... a casual wedge will elevate (no pun intended) an outfit’s degree of dressiness without looking out of place on a sprawling California college campus. The shape of the wedge is very important. I’m in favor of something simple and sturdy with a reasonable arch. While I love an architecturally sculpted and severe arch, it’s just too sexy and inappropriate for walking great distances and schlepping books and supplies. Check out Jennifer Aniston. I really love the way she does casual! Stay tune for PART II and III

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nancy I agree on the super high heels on campus....aaggggh...not that practical. In the 80's (yeah my time)...spradilles where super popular (this are the wedge-weave heel with fabric wraping around the foot) and lots of peasant style blouses, circle skirts (lots and lots of fabric)...a very "peasant" look...

    ReplyDelete