Tuesday, May 31, 2011

When You Let the Boyfriend Pick Your Clothes...

The Boyfriend - a tree-hugging, a save-the-world type with grungy, threadbare outfits to match

The Mission - Find his perfect summer dress for me at Forever 21

The Outcome - Short and Bright

What I think? Well... there was definitely a running theme in his choices and overall, I did agree that the length and silhouette were flattering for my body type. Every time I came out of the dressing room in one of his selections, his face lit up in a way that made it impossible for me to say what I really thought, which was... "really?" Because the problem was, while he liked pretty and sexy, I like pretty and interesting and as you may agree, these dresses are in no way, interesting. In fact, I can't count how many time I rolled my eyes as I was showing-off the yellow, banded hem number. It just reminded me so much of women of the Housewives series and the fashion de rigeur of Vegas female party-goers. Though, I have to admit, the banded silhouette was easy to wear and made me feel taller and slimmer, I couldn't do it! Not even for him could I wear this out!

After some debating and more eye rolling, I settled for the red one. The color was nice and it was simple enough that I could layer it with lots of different things. But, as we left the dressing room towards the register, I swiftly hung it back up because I KNEW that I would NEVER wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment